This is a perfect mid week dish, easily prepared and doesn’t take long to cook. I used cooking chorizo, but you can use any chorizo (or salami etc) and I prefer the smaller pasta shapes for this dish. In this instance I used farfalle.
Pasta with chorizo and cavolo nero
- Large frying pan with lid
- Pot for Pasta
- Start by stripping the leaves from the stalks of the cavolo nero. Chop the leaves roughly and then plunge them in to a pan of boiling salted water for two minutes. Drain and place in to cold water to stop the cooking.
- Fill the pan with water again, add plenty of salt and when the water is boiling add the farfalle. It will take 10-12 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile heat a tablespoon of oil in your frying pan, chop the chorizo in to 10mm chunks and add to the pan. Cook until the oil is released from the chorizo and it darkens. Add the chopped garlic, paprika and sun dried tomato. Cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the drained kale to the frying pan and stir fry until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Add a tablespoon or two of pasta cooking water if it appears dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add the past to the pan with the chorizo and kale. Grate over the lemon zest and squeeze in the lemon juice and serve garnished with toasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese.